In accordance with recommendations from the Governor's Office and our county health agency partners, all in-person (in building) instruction in St. Vrain, will be canceled for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. The district will continue to implement its online learning in accordance with the district calendar.
Additional information can be found at http://svvsd.org/coronavirus.
De acuerdo con las recomendaciones de la Oficina del Gobernador y los socios de nuestra agencia de salud del condado, toda la instrucción en persona (en el edificio) en St. Vrain se cancelará por el resto del año escolar 2019-2020. El distrito continuará implementando su aprendizaje en línea de acuerdo con el calendario del distrito.
Continuaremos actualizando a los padres a través de nuestro sitio web http://svvsd.org/coronavirus-espanol
Susan was born and raised in Colorado. She lives with her husband and two boys, ages 15 and 11.
She was a middle school math teacher for 9 years, and has been the school counselor at Fall River for 9 years.
Susan has earned a B.S. in Psychology (C.U. Boulder), a teaching certification (C.U. Boulder)
and a masters in school counseling K-12 (UOP).
• Advocates for all students at the school.
• Provides Individual and Small Group Counseling.
• Provides behavioral interventions to help struggling students be more successful.
• Works with teachers and parents to support the unique needs of students.
• Provides classroom guidance.
• Helps in identifying academic and social/emotional needs of children.
• Helps children understand themselves and others.
• Provides information about community resources that would benefit children.
• Provides parents with resources, parenting solutions and information.
•Talk about things that are important to children
•Learn new strategies for problem solving
•Listen to and support peers
•Use puppets to help express feelings and problems
•Talk about feelings
•Learn new social skills
•Role play to rehearse and practice new skills.
•Scale their feelings (using a scale of 1-10)
•Discuss the 3 main areas of their lives; (school, home and friends)
•Discuss challenges with friends
•Discuss a fear or worry
•Discuss a physical concern
•To discuss any issue with their child (at home, school, or with friends).